...when you belt a scarf.

http://www.runwaydaily.com/runwaydaily/2008/11/fashion-risktaker-tuck-that-scarf-into-a-belt.html

I really like this look and hadn't really thought to incorporate it until I saw it here: Post Grad Chic a couple of months back. Ever since, the idea has just stuck with me. So when I decided I would continue the plaid theme today, and I chose my blue and brown plaid dress which looks lovely with my blue scarf, I remembered I didn't have to wait for another cold front to rock the scarf. 

  
 The dress is from Wet Seal; three or four years old (as evidence from this picture which was taken  January 2009) - the shoes are Charles by Charles David purchased in Platos Closet a couple of months back. The dress alone would look plain, too casual, or inappropriate for work -- a blazer would go nicely with this dress, but not yet owning a blazer that would match this dress, I went with the the scarf and the skinny belt. I think it worked out well.


Comments

Popular Posts